Friday, April 29, 2011
everything is an emergency
We came home from dinner to discover that the garage door opener wasn't working. What we originally thought was a problem with dead batteries in the remote control turned into flipping circuit breakers and not figuring out what the problem was. I really only wanted the garage door to open so that we could haul the recycling buckets to the curb. (Recycling is only every two weeks. It really sucks if you miss the pick-up day.) Anyway - ten long minutes later - after lots of problem solving, circuit breaker rearranging, plug pulling, yelling, you name it - I had the genius (and yes, it was genius - I am not humble) thought that there are ground-fault plugs (or whatever you call them) near the sinks in the bathrooms that may have tripped. The funny thing is that the plug that was the culprit is two whole floors away from our garage. One reset later and we were back in business. The beauty of living in a three-floor house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment