Saturday, April 23, 2011

crazy making

The house is squared away and the lock box is on the front door; now all we need is interested buyers to come traipsing through. It was with this rather calm attitude that I greeted the day. Then I did what no anxious seller should ever, ever do. I sat down at the computer and went to the website realtor.com. I pulled up all the properties in our neighborhood and discovered that one of our neighbors has dropped the price of their house 10% overnight! What the heck! Not only is this house priced lower than ours, it's lower than the smaller houses in our neighborhood! What does this even mean!? Desperate sellers? Are they underwater? I do know that the house is empty - could mean two mortgages or who knows what else. But good grief. SIGH. And to show you how much I need to take a deep breath (the house has been officially on the market for less than 24 hours) - we haven't even had photos of the house taken yet. That happens on Monday. In other house-selling news, there is a mouse somewhere in the kitchen that we must eradicate.

No comments: