Wednesday, August 15, 2007

farm bounty


Things are coming in like crazy at the farm. We have more tomatoes and okra than we know what to do with. I just froze one bag of okra and I bet I'll have to freeze more before the week is out. It is finally a good year for tomatoes. They actually taste like something this year. I think BLT's are on the menu tonight. Plus it might be time to get out the squeezo to start making sauce. My fear is that the sauce tomatoes will come in right when it's time for family fun over Labor Day Weekend. You all go on and party without me.... I'll be making sauce.

2 comments:

sweet p. said...

Can I put in an order for Bobbie salsa for the pre-game party? NOW THAT would be a good use for the tomatoes! (make sure he puts in a little bit of salt!)

Anonymous said...

I will be in downtown Princeton when you are making your sauce...sorry !!