Thursday, June 16, 2011

it's a wonder anyone ever sells a house

From the title of this post, you probably think I'm talking about the economy and state of the housing market. Nope. I'm talking about the ridiculous hoops you need to jump through to get a certificate of occupancy in this town. Add a couple of nincompoops to do the actual inspection and I am about ready to go postal. Today is the first day of my vacation, and so far I've spent the morning signing the contract for the movers, felt held hostage because the inspectors give you a 3-hour window in which they will show up, tried to find a security company that will come inspect the smoke detectors, been back and forth on the phone with our realtor about how badly the CO inspection went, and realized that if I was still working I would have taken off the entire morning for NOTHING. The township will be back on Saturday and our goal then is to convince them that they can indeed inspect our smoke detectors without making us call a security company. Oh - and the security company won't have anything to do with us until we sign some agreement, which they will only MAIL to us instead of email or some other 21st-century electronic mode of communication. I better go for a run before I give myself a migraine.

No comments: