The only reason for the title of this post is to lure you in - everybody must be tired of the smoke detector saga by now. But I'm not! I am thrilled to report that we are officially in compliance with our township so that we can actually close on the house next week. It was only after 2+ hours that an alarm company diagnosed and fixed the problem. For all local readers, I can give you the name - they were indeed awesome. It turned out that the detector on the second floor was corroded with some mysterious water damage that occurred well before we ever owned the house. The third floor detector refused to acknowledge its own existence at all even though it was clearly powered up. That one turned out to be a broken resistor within the detector, and for all you physics geeks out there it was 1200 ohm resistor instead of the usual 1000 ohms, and that threw the technicians working on the job. It's too much to explain here but those 200 ohms were enough to not let the system know that it was at the end of the line.....
And not to be a total tease, I did get a haircut. And a good one at that. I'm going to miss my buddy Gil. I didn't even tell him I am moving away. I figure that if I pop in for a haircut when I'm in town it won't be a surprise. But the real reason is that I like it that he doesn't care if I don't talk. And I didn't feel like talking today. He just has to be careful that I don't fall asleep in the chair and end up with a crooked haircut because I listed when he wasn't paying attention.
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment