Sunday, July 06, 2008

ciao san juan


If all goes according to plan, this should be my last post from Argentina. I tried to sleep in this morning as I´ll be traveling all night. My plane lands at about 8:00 tomorrow morning. However, a screaming two-year old limited my zzzz´s but I was pretty much ready to get up anyway. Uma has learned to say ´´ciao´´ in the two weeks that I´ve been here and Federico is wearing his Princeton shirt today and is upset that I´m leaving. Although he wasn´t upset about me leaving last night when I yelled at him for smashing the lid to the ice cream all over the tv room.... Augusta has a huge day today as event planner. There is a big do at the winery. Click here for her website. The winery is nothing like the NYS wineries I´ve been to. I´ve never really been to any Napa Valley wineries, but I´m sure that Bodega Jaled is similar to those. It is so huge - it looked more like a dairy or granary to my eyes. See photo. They don´t produce fine wines - just the juice and the pulp that others buy from them. I think the plan is to eventually produce their own wine so that they can be active and provide work for people year-round.

No comments: