Thursday, September 20, 2007
wireless
Freakin' freakin' wireless router. $%&(#*&$ - that's all I have to say. Our old router died an early death. Way too early, if you ask me. But anyway, I trooped off to our local Radio Shack to get a new one. The new purchase was definitely faulty. I tried the silly start up disc that came with it. And when that failed I tried the more geeky internet set-up. When that failed I started to get suspicious. So I tested my modem. Fine. I hooked it up in series with the router and my computer. Not fine. Now this might be physics, but it's not rocket science. It's more like, old Christmas tree lights science. If all was fine before you put the new piece into the circuit, you pretty much know where the problem is. So I took it back to Radio Shack. Unfortunately there was this guy there who was trying to tell me that I hadn't tested enough stuff, that I needed to hook it into the USB (which would have meant that I need to buy a different kind of cable), not the CAT-5, blah, blah, blah. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore. I said, "I have a physics degree! I know how to hook something up in series! This thing doesn't work and I want my money back!" Then I went to Best Buy where I fell in love with this little geeky guy who listened to my story, assured me that I wasn't the problem, and that a nice, new, less expensive router was the cure to all my troubles. Sigh. It's definitely love. And the Rikerman household is back on-line. Sigh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
And I am willing to bet that Bob is the happiest man on the planet that a lovable geek solved the woes of the Rikerman household.
Ward's work PC died this week and so did two others bought together. I'm spending tomorrow doing backups at home. Anyway, he's getting a laptop and I need to set up wireless at home with the Dell as the server. Or, that is....WE need to! ;)
Yeah, I got that call from you while I was skinning the fish and it was one of the typical Lisa calls:
Lisa: How was your day?
Patri: Good, blah, blah, blah ...
Lisa: Aha, uhum, yes...
Patri: Blah, blah ...
Lisa: So listen to this @*#)&$*!!!
and then the diatribe starts. Happy to hear that your physics degree paid off.
Many thousands and thousands dollars later, Lisa could work at Best Buy!!!
Post a Comment