Friday, July 13, 2007

last week in argentina


During my last two two days in San Juan, Mabel's computer died. So suddenly my wonderful internet access and picture posting abilities were gone. I was pretty used to life as a sanjuanina by then, so I didn't have too much to report. Our next stop was Buenos Aires. We took a super-nice bus to BA. In Argentina, there are tons of bus companies. And some of the buses have seats that are "cama total," which means that you can put the seat back to an almost flat position. It makes an overnight bus trip doable. And they even serve you food! The food wasn't great but at least you know you get something. So there we were, cruising down the road in the middle of the night, and I'm sleeping in my cama total and I suddenly realize that the scene is straight out of a Harry Potter book. What was it? The Night Bus or something like that? It's 15 hours from San Juan to BA and most of the trips are overnight. The cama total is totally the way to go.

More about BA later.

No comments: