Monday, July 23, 2007

cultural weekend




Jesse was here this weekend before another two-week stint in PA. Our sole goal was to obtain the new Harry Potter. Once we took care of that task early on Saturday, the rest of the weekend was suddenly wide-open - in between reading, of course. I just found out that Jesse actually stayed up until 3am to almost finish the book - I wasn't willing to do that.... I'm at least trying to savor it for a few days, anyway.

I digress. It was a beautiful weekend here and we spent a bunch of time wandering around Princeton on Saturday and we ended up at the Princeton University Art Museum. The museum is wonderful on any day, but I wanted to make sure that I saw the Pop Art show that is there through the middle of August. For our second installment of culture, on Sunday we headed to the Grounds for Sculpture in Hamilton. The last time we visited GFS it was spring and it was neat to see how the grounds and views changed with the seasons.

Right now we're watching the rain as we think about getting ready to head up to Sodus for a few days.

No comments: