Sunday, May 31, 2009
totally weird
On Thursday night we were supposed to have the senior dinner for the students and their parents. A friend and I decided that we were going to go get a manicure and then have a quick drink before the big event. Well, we walk back in the door at 5:58pm (we were instructed to there by 6pm) and then we're told that somebody has H1N1 and that the event was canceled and there would be no school the next day. What the heck. So in the meanwhile, I had gotten a hotel room in the city because I knew that the evening would run really late. When I checked into the room (pre-manicure) they gave me a free upgrade to a totally awesome suite. For what I was going to use this suite, I don' t know, but it was really nice. Well my friend knew that I got the upgrade, so when she found out that we didn't have to go to the dinner or to school the next day, she screams to all of our colleagues, "Whoohoo! Lisa has a suite!" Fortunately, they didn't all storm my hotel room, but we did go out and drink too much and stay out too late and have a lot of fun. And yes, the student with the flu is totally fine and nobody else got sick. Back to the usual tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment