Saturday, October 04, 2008

i need a nap

It's been an interesting week. We had a class "trip" that involved a boatload of community service and a sleepover at school. Let's just say that I didn't get much sleep that night.... All of my boarding school experience came flooding back as I listened to the girls tiptoe, unsuccessfully to minimize noise, on their way to the bathroom or down to the kitchen to steal popcorn. One of the more interesting things I did was take the subway into the far reaches of the Bronx to get to a soup kitchen. I had to change trains at the Yankee Stadium stop. I was all set to take pictures but the elevated subway station had absolutely no views of the stadium - new or old - so that was a bust. We worked hard at the soup kitchen and probably got converted in more ways than one. The soup kitchen was run by this church that puts a whole new meaning on the label "born again." However, the food was good, our work was appreciated, and lots were fed. Mission accomplished.

Now that I'm finally home we're spending the day by taking a golf lesson and making tomato sauce. YUM.

No comments: