
The farm is still going strong even though our house was definitely struck by a hard frost last week. (I had to liberate the pots of impatiens today....) Bob brought home a HUGE cabbage from the farm on Tuesday. He knew what he wanted me to cook before he even got home. Or rather, he knew what he wanted my mother to cook. So he gets home and says, "What's your mother doing this weekend?" I say, "I dunno, why?" Bob - "Do you think she'd come down here and cook stuffed cabbage?" Sadly, she already had plans. But she managed to email the recipe for stuffed cabbage to me. Or at least an approximation thereof. There was a certain amount of winging involved. I am happy to report that it was a success!! We did Rikermanize the recipe by using ground buffalo and brown rice instead of ground beef and white rice. It was awesome and not a shabby alternative to the real deal.
1 comment:
helloooo cabbage! can I please please get the recipe for the stuffed cabbage??? I always want to buy and eat cabbage and then have no idea how to cook it so that it'll taste good.
Post a Comment