We finally arrived in San Juan at about mid-day on Saturday after a miserable 24-hours of travel from PerĂº. It actually went about as well as could be hoped for - no cancelled flights, no lost luggage and only one unflattering freak-out by moi in the Lima airport (claustrophobia is my defense). Anyway - we all finally ensconced with our families and I have been having a great time. My new host family is a couple that are both 31-yrs old with two kids - one 7 years and one at about 2 years. The whole scandal that I created by not traveling with Bob? Forget about it. That was completely generational. My new family has friends that work for the mines, so the men (usually) are away for a week or more at a time and the women work and then go visit friends on the weekends. Well, the friends and cousins of my new family think that I should get a Sanjuanino boyfriend because I have my Argentine cell phone back in my possession. I think the only boyfriend I will have is 7-years old. Meet Federico, proudly wearing his new Princeton t-shirt - we enjoy doing puzzles and watching tv. Forgive the sideways picture, I can´t figure out how to edit it without actually putting it on my host´s computer.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
cute!
glad youre having fun and that you didnt freak out too much.
sending you hugs!
one day you are going to have to steal me and take me there. maybe the next girl's trip out will be out there - although thinking about it the boys totally botched the first one. dang it!
Wise choice.......
Post a Comment