Friday, June 20, 2008

machupicchu


I´m here to tell you that Machupicchu is as spectacular as you are lead to believe. The setting is unbelievable. I think that if the lost city was located in some random plain it would not be nearly as breathtaking. We had a 4-hour train ride from Cuzco to Aguas Calientes - the town below Machupicchu. The bus ride straight up the side of a mountain left me woozy. For this entire trip I have not been altitude sick but I have been plane sick and train sick... Today we start our ridiculous trip to Argentina. I think we will finally get there about 24 hours after we leave Cuzco today. We fly in a plane that stops a few places before we get to Lima. Then Lima to Santiago. Then Santiago to Mendoza. Then a van ride to San Juan.... Ciao Perú.

1 comment:

Kenneth Mischner said...

I admire your resilience in the face of really debilitating (if not life threatening) queasiness: Plane sick, train sick, etc. May all that now be behind you.