Sunday, May 11, 2008

exhibit A


We had a little situation in our household this evening. I cooked a truly delicious chicken. I had purchased an expensive heritage bird and it was really tasty. Usually a chicken will easily get us through two meals. For my pick tonight, I had a leg and some breast meat on my plate. Bob chose a thigh and a leg. Unbeknownst to me, he went back for seconds and ATE MY THIGH. I was saving that for my next meal.... and it was a criminal act to eat my chicken thigh. I'm just putting that out there. Bob said that he did have a flash of the thought that he was doing something bad when he snarfed down the second chicken thigh..... Doesn't excuse anything. I'm just saying. What does delayed gratification get you in this house? NOTHING.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next time you must remember to lick it and mark it as yours.

sweet p. said...

Sounds like someone needs to be put in timeout.

Tom Riker said...

That definitely would not fly in my house. I would have been stabbed with a steel knife.