
I'm sitting at my desk eating an egg sandwich. I'm not quite ready to get back into the swing of things. So I think I will sip my coffee and think about vacation..... One of the funniest things to happen while we were in VSJ occurred when Bob spied the huge cruise boat getting ready to come into port. He really, really, wanted to see it come through the channel by El Morro. And, of course, he wanted to see it dock. Well, when we realized that the boat was coming in we were way down in the other fort San Cristobal. I'm hobbling along on my sprained/broken toe so I tell Bob to just run on ahead because I know he really wants to see this boat and there's no way I can keep up with him. So he takes off. He ran/speedwalked the entire length of Old San Juan, then he went running down the little path that takes you to one of the old gates so he could continue running around the island..... I sat for awhile in the grass by El Morro. Then after resting I stopped for a limber. Bobbie ran around like a mad man and still missed getting to see it dock. I'm afraid to take him back to VSJ. I'm worried that he will just hang around the docks all day waiting to see a boat come in..... See if you can find the cruise boat in the photo above.
5 comments:
Did I ever tell you that Ward wanted to take pictures of the cruise ships on our '95 trip to PR? Oh -- wait -- he wanted to take pictures of the cruise ship PASSENGERS. I wouldn't let him. But seeing those bright-red waddlers really soured me on the idea of a cruise.
Watching the cruise ships dock and turn on a dime is quite interesting. We always went out on deck or onto our veranda to watch the operation. Send Bobbie down to the docks in NYC where they come and go.
wait - but MA said that the old limber hag isn't there anymore. where did you get your fix?
Does this mean he is sitll waiting for his ship to come in??!!heehee
Post a Comment