Tuesday, July 10, 2012
Okay, it's been awhile
A close friend and colleague of mine is off at an "amazing" conference about being a 21st century educator and administrator. She keeps texting me to let me know how much she is learning, how much I would enjoy it, how awesome the conference is, etc. And quite frankly, I don't care. Right when the school year ended, I hit a wall. The "I don't care if I ever learn another thing" wall. Which is not entirely fair - I am still "learning." It's not all bon bons and soap operas. (Although, Spanish soap operas.......) I am reading lots of books in anticipation of the upcoming school year and also for personal enlightenment. (I am really enjoying the one I picked up on heirloom foods and I also loved Luka and the Fire of Life (8th grade required read).) I am also catching up on my New Yorker subscription, reading the local paper, and trying not to let my running magazines take over the living room. But I am feeling like I just need to be home. Or with friends. Or with family. Or working in my office. I just don't want to be in a hotel in Philly (or San Diego or Chicago or Wilmington) at a conference this summer. Partly, it's because the first year in an intensely new job has been, well, intense. The other thing is that the job search, move and first year pretty much became an 18-month experience. I need a break. I need to not learn something new right now. A little-bit new is okay. Big-time new or life-changing new has me running to the beach...... but not to a conference.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment