After a full month of homelessness, we are, I hope, at the eve of homeownership. After working here and living out of a hotel for a week, we headed to the beach for six days. Very generous friends hosted us and gave us free rein of the place after they went home for the weekend. This is probably the tannest I will be all summer, and I know that's not saying much, but it was nice to loll around on the beach and in the ocean for a few days. I was good and used SPF infinity and wore my hat. I did get into a tangle with a wave at the beach. A clocked head and bruised shoulder later, all I can say is "touché, ocean, touché." Beach - 1, Lisa - 0.
I think we are all set for the closing tomorrow. We went to the bank to get the appropriate check for settlement. We also found and cataloged all the other paperwork we need. All of the utilities are accounted for, and I even have the cable company coming on Sunday to set up phone, computer, and internet. Hopefully we can find the wireless router and the phones by then.......
Thursday, July 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment