Wednesday, July 20, 2011

in transition

Where do I even begin? After two blissful weeks at my parents' house, I am completely ensconced in my new job. It's a weird feeling of being new and also feeling like I've worked there forever. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. All I know is that I had a wasps' nest greet me in my new office this week. It was a huge mother in between the window frame of the gigantic window in my office. The facilities department of the college showed up and gassed the suckers and patched the giant hole in the window frame where they had come in and made their nest. Tomorrow I hope to find less wasp carcasses on the window ledge. Other than the stinging insects, the office has no character. None of my stuff is here. Everything is in storage. I cannot wait to find a lamp and a poster that I call my own.

No comments: