Wednesday, December 29, 2010

holidays 2010


Bob and I didn't do any travel this year - no Iowa, no Chicago, no Puerto Rico. However, spending boatloads of money on a New York City apartment has its advantages. Well, not the expenditure, but the actual apartment. You know what I mean. We decided to use the week before Christmas to play touristas en New York. We went to a play (Time Stands Still - so excellent! Go see it if you can!), went out for dinner and drinks with a friend who is moving away (BOO!), and visited four museums in three days. Break our record if you can! Our big field trip involved taking Metro North to Beacon so that we could go to Dia:Beacon. It's hard to explain - slightly easier if you've been to Mass MoCA. All I can say is that it is totally worth the trip - train, car, boat, whatever. Our super macho move was figuring out how to transfer from the subway to Metro North at the 125th St. station. The shot above is from the platform in Harlem.

No comments: