Monday, June 29, 2009

technology

I spent a couple of hours updating and fixing our cell phones/blackberries this morning. First of all, Bob's phone wasn't holding a charge for longer than a day. Considering that he doesn't really pick up the phone when anybody calls and it isn't commuting season, it wasn't noticeable to anyone else. Plus, Dana just calls my phone if she actually wants to speak to somebody. Those Singerpeople are smart! So anyway, I trundled off to the verizon store and got a new battery for Bob's phone. The bad news is that the battery failed when the phone was less than a year old. The good news is that because the phone was less than a year old I got the battery for free. After a good charging up, hopefully his phone will be back in business.

Next, I spent a whole bunch of time updating my blackberry. Because mine is almost two years old the software wouldn't let me upload-download-whatever some applications including facebook and other time-wasting stuff. While I love my blackberry, summer is when I have far more access to my computer and I don't need to be able to deal with email on the train. So I figured if I completely wrecked it I could go crawling back to the verizon store tomorrow and it wouldn't be a big deal... But I had success and things seem to be okay. I won't spring for a fancy new blackberry until the fall - if I decide that I want a new one. Friends and a few family members are trying out the new touchscreen blackberry and I figure I'll let them use it for a few months and see if they like it as much as the one I own.... I must say that I like the keyboard and my clammy hands have never been good with touchscreens......

We're off to play some more golf today. The weather is questionable for the rest of the week so we want to hits some balls while the hitting is good.

No comments: