I definitely had to report to jury duty today. There I was with 50 of my new best friends, waiting for the court house shuttle at 7:45 this morning. The shuttle is really a school bus painted white. So it looks like you're getting hauled off to jail instead of jury duty. This morning I was excused from a civil case - medical malpractice. I don't know what the problem was - too educated? too many people in the family working or having had worked for the medical profession? that I questioned the judge on the way a question was phrased? Whatever - I was too much trouble for the defendant's lawyer, and he said, "bye, bye." Lunch was pretty good pizza with some of my new friends. Unfortunately, I was then funnelled off to the jury pool for a criminal case. I can't talk about it - I would have to kill you. All I know is that I have to spend at least another day at the court house in Trenton..... The bottom photo is a building that is actually next to the Sovereign Bank Arena in Trenton (where you park for jury duty).
No comments:
Post a Comment