Saturday, July 18, 2009

ice bag


When we were in the city the other day we visited the Whitney. We hadn't been in awhile and needed to see all of the new special exhibits. I really enjoyed the Oldenburg show because they had a bunch of iconic stuff that I wouldn't want in my living room but loved seeing in person. There were also beautiful pastel/charcoal drawings of musical instruments and studies for bigger projects, etc. What was the most fun was the newly restored Ice Bag - Scale C. It was motorized and grew up and twisted around to be big, I don't know, maybe 12 feet high? I did find myself wondering how many little kids had no idea what an ice bag is.....

2 comments:

Allison said...

...and how many know what a "boo boo bear" is. Ask around.

Allison said...

OK, Gillian affirmed this by just walking up and saying "What IS that?"

She thinks it "looks like one of thos parachutes you crawl into."