

I just returned from a 3-day business trip to Nashville. First of all, my east coast-facing life made it so that I had no idea that Nashville was so big or so booming. I counted at least 3 interstates that cross through that city. It is a true crossroads. As it is with most travel for business, you don't get any time to explore the place where you are for a few days. This was the case for this trip too, but my colleagues and I decided to at least do a drive-by of the Centennial Park. It has a full-scale replica of the Parthenon. I did a little research and discovered that it was built for Nashville's centennial in 1897. It is truly weird to be driving along and then see the parthenon.... See photo.
While in Nashville we did manage to eat well. We may have not done anything related to country music, but we went out for fantastic bbq one night and for a fancy meal the next. Here is a photo of my appetizer from the fancy meal (that I actually ordered for my dinner because I wanted salad and dessert too!). It was super-yummy sausage and shrimp on top of the most amazing grits I've ever had.
No comments:
Post a Comment